Monday, July 6, 2015

Supporting the Greeks.


Although, I suppose you shouldnt generalise about races, I have to say I have a soft spot for the Greeks. From their deep past they gave us all a lot; arts , science and philosophy. I also remember them forever fighting fascists against imposible odds ; Persians, Turks and Germans. For the present, whenever I´ve been to their beautiful country, I´ve pretty well always found them to be friendly and straight dealing. Whilst its true that all pervading corruption and the incompetance of their leaders has got them into a dark place, the harshness of conditions imposed on them has not helped. These conditions didnt improve matters they simply drove down the whole of society. I just hope that when they leave the euro they dont also crash out of the EU. For me, there is no Europe without Greece. I ardently hope they quickly find their way to the good future they deserve.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nope, you are wrong my darling , they are lazy and they don't care that they owe money to the Germans, what they want to do is forget about the creditors and start again because they don't like austerity ! They are upset that their pensioners get only € 120 for 3 days while in neighbour Bulgaria , pensioners live with £ 60 per month and struggling but they don't whine and borrow money they can not pay back ! It all started 5 years ago when the Greeks closed their borders in attempt to protest for higher salaries, they did this themselves due to their lazyness and indifference to their future, they have always been like that ! As for Syriza , they are Communist rightist party, they are the ones blackmailing Europe not the other way round, please note they have been congratulated by Fidel Castro, onother well-known Communist !